Luxury in unexpected places.
A world-class hotel, the JW Marriott Grand Rapids is meticulously designed for both business and pleasure. Situated in downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan, just 25 miles from Michigan’s celebrated West Coast, the new addition to the prestigious JW Marriott portfolio is also a welcome addition to the city’s sculptural skyline. The JW itself has 340 well-appointed, smoke-free rooms and suites on 23 floors. Among the uncommon amenities, each private retreat has wireless Internet access, a 37" flat screen TV, and luxurious bedding.
Attentive guest services include on-call housekeeping and a 24-hour Fitness Facility with steam rooms. Guests residing on the Concierge Floors will also enjoy extended round-the-clock services and secured privacy, as well as access to the stylish Concierge Lounge. In addition, the Executive Business Center offers 24-hour faxing, copying, printing, and shipping services.
Inspired dining at the JW’s signature restaurant, six.one.six, and our stylish cosmopolitan lounge, Mixology, tastefully rounds out our plush conveniences.
Caring for everything. Including the environment.
In addition to being all about luxury, the JW is also committed to earth-friendly practices. Following are the JW’s Environmental Initiatives:
- Equipped with variable speed drive motors throughout building
- Electronic ballast’s with energy-saving T-8 florescent bulbs in all offices and back of house areas
- Medasys Building Management System helps monitor all air handlers, boilers, chillers and exterior lighting
- Energy-saving florescent bulbs are installed in all guestroom lamps
- Building itself uses free cooling in the winter months, which allows us not to use chillers
- Inncom System for guestroom thermostats means unoccupied rooms are programmed to go into “drift mode”
using minimal energy
- Glass crusher recycler for non-deposit glass
- Aluminum can crusher for deposit cans
- Plastic crusher for all deposit plastic
- Kitchen deep fry oil recycler
- Florescent bulb eater with hazardous gas filter helps keep mercury out of landfills
- Solvent recycler
- Battery disposal recycler
- Mechanical oil recycler
- Electronic motion sensors in all public area urinals, toilets and hand sinks reduces water consumption
- Water saver aerators installed on all public area sinks and BOH areas
- Weep tube irrigation system for exterior landscape areas
- Guestroom toilet tanks are water-saving, low flush tanks
- We recycle all paint waste, thinners, and solvents
- We only purchase “green” cleaners
- Safety-Kleen Corp. for disposal of harmful chemicals